Municipal Court is governed by the NJ State Supreme Court, NJ Court Rules, NJ Statutes and the Assignment Judge of Essex County. The Court has jurisdiction over moving and parking traffic violations, criminal disorderly and petty disorderly offenses, and ordinances.
NJMCdirect is the fast, secure and convenient way to access your parking or traffic ticket information online. The Municipal Court ID is 0718.
The Municipal Judge has the authority to:
- Issue domestic violence temporary restraining orders;
- Authorize warrants for arrest;
- Revoke driving privileges in the State of New Jersey;
- Order probation, community service, and jail sentences as stipulated by statute; and
- Empowered to perform wedding ceremonies.
Borough Magistrate, Esq.
Deputy Court Administrator
Nancy Falivena Gennero
Borough Prosecutor, Esq.
Borough Public Defender, Esq.