Besides getting your news from the Borough website and social media, there are other outlets you can use to stay informed.
Roseland has a local access cable channel that Verizon FiOS and Comcast customers can view. FiOS customers can watch the channel on channel 46 and Comcast customers can watch on channel 35. Expanded capabilities to watch the channel online is being worked on presently. If you wish to have an announcement posted on the television station, please pick up a form at Borough Hall or fill out our online application. Besides the rules for submittal found on the online application, please also note that content that does not meet the standards set by the Borough as noted below (though not an exclusive list) will not be put on the television station and/or the website.
- Content not suitable for persons of all ages
- Promoting or inciting illegal, violent, or socially undesirable conduct
- Promotion or availability of illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco products
- Promotion or availability of adult, pornographic, or sexually oriented entertainment or materials
- Promoting libelous or otherwise defamatory content
- Content that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, or violating any of the Borough's affirmative action or equal opportunity policies
- Promoting outside organizations that are for profit
- Promoting individual or personal home pages
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright, or patent rights of another
Council meetings are also available to watch online in case you want to stay informed about what the governing body is up to.
The official newspaper of the Borough of Roseland is The Progress, which is run by New Jersey Hills Media Group. TAPinto is another source for local information for the area, covering the Caldwells, Fairfield, Essex Fells, and Roseland.