Dog/Cat Licenses are required by January 31st of each year. Dog/Cat Licenses can be obtained at the Municipal Building, Finance Office; Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Schedule of Fees:
- Dog Neutered: $10.00
- Dog Not Neutered: $13.00
- Cat: $8.00
To protect the public and animals from the spread of rabies to animals and humans, since rabies is transmissible to humans and is fatal in all cases, the Mayor and Council adopted an ordinance requiring LICENSES for ALL dogs/cats seven months of age or older by January 31st of each year. Failure to obtain the license constitutes a violation of the ordinance. It is also required that animals so licensed wear a collar with the registration tag securely attached. Fees for licensing are as above. A delinquent licensing fee of $5.00 shall be required for any unlicensed animal after the last day of February. The payment of the delinquent licensing fee shall not relieve the person from liability for violation of the ordinance.
Obtain a License by Mail:
- Forward a check payable to the "Borough of Roseland" for the correct amount according to the above FEE Schedule. (Do not include with Water, Sewer or Tax payments.)
- Enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Include proof of rabies vaccination. If the dog/cat was vaccinated at the Roseland Rabies Clinic, give date of vaccination.
- Include proof of neutering/spaying, if not submitted previously. If your dog/cat is neutered/spayed and you cannot locate proof, please take the time NOW to obtain proof from your veterinarian.
- Complete the application below.
- Download the Application for Dog/Cat License